In order to keep your personal information safe, and to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulations, we are asking all those involved in the Binsey Ministry Community to fill out a consent form.
The consent forms can be downloaded below or are available by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also usually be able to find a paper copy at the back of all our churches.
If you are a church visitor and require a consent form, please click here.
If you are a church member and require a consent form, please click here.
if you are a church officer and require a consent form, please click here.
Below is our Privacy Notice which tells you how we use the personal information that we receive. Please note that we never pass your details onto third parties, unless you have given us clear instructions to do so. Please feel free to send any questions or concerns to our team administrator at email@example.com.
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Parochial Church Council of the Binsey Team Ministry
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of the Binsey Team Ministry is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice explains why we collect and process personal information about people who are part of our mission and how we keep it secure.
We will keep this privacy notice under review and may take the opportunity to enhance it from time to time, but if we make any significant changes that we think you would be interested in, we will endeavour to advise you accordingly.
Any questions regarding this privacy notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: The Binsey Team Mission Community, Data Compliance Officer, The Vicarage, Torpenhow, Cumbria, CA7 1HT. Alternatively, you can telephone us on: 016973 71541.
Should you wish to, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on: 0303 123 1113 or via email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the Data Controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The PCC is the overarching body responsible for governance in the Binsey Team area and, together with the Team Rector, is the Data Controller for your data. It has appointed The Team Administrator to be its Data Compliance Officer. There is a clearly defined policy agreed by the PCC, in place to define how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
The PCC complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the Binsey Team Ministry;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services in the Binsey Team Mission Community;
- To share your contact details with the Diocese of Carlisle so they can keep you informed about news in the diocese and events, activities and services in the diocese, in which you may be interested and need to pass on as an officer of the DCC or PCC.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about diocesan events;
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- We may also process data if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, an example of this would be processing your data in connection with a notice or advertisement in the Binsey Link;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a religious aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes), and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish e.g. Diocese with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/libraries-and-archives/records-management-guidesand also available from the Churchwardens of the Parish Churches.
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Binsey Team Ministry PCC holds about you;
- The right to request that the Binsey Team Ministry PCC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Binsey Team Ministry PCC to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that we provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this privacy notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
The Binsey Team Ministry PCC is a charity registered in England and Wales (No 169267)