All Saints’ Church

AllhallowsAllhallows Church has one church in regular use – All Saints – but also has the ruins of an earlier church.

All Saints is a spacious, light, functional church built in 1899 from local pink sandstone quarried from the adjacent field (now filled in).

The Church is OPEN: at weekends

Keys on request: 016973 71541

Old Church

Old ChurchDates from the 12th century, renovated in 1861 but now in ruins after the nave, south aisle and porch were demolished in 1935. The remaining part acts as a mortuary chapel for the Moore family. Originally a chapelry within Aspatria parish and known as the Chapelry of Ukmanby. Notable vicar was Revd John Wordsworth, grandson of William Wordsworth, who in 1895 decided that a larger church was needed to meet the demands of an expanding population.

The old Church is CLOSED

Keys on request: 016973 71541

Irregular Annual Service

Annual open air service end May/early June (check with clergy for date/time)


Mr L Raven
Mrs D Hetherington