St Michael and all Angels’ Church
The remote church of St. Michael and All Angels, Grid Ref: 89/206398, overlooks the Solway Firth and dates back to 1120. It is almost entirely Norman in character with a beautiful central Norman arch. The ceiling is Jacobean, wooden, painted and contemporary with Rubens. The South side displays a strange collection of men and beasts whilst the North holds dark demonic figures. The interior is glorious and has been a centre for Christian worship for 800 years.
The Church is OPEN: All daylight hours. Disabled access.
Mrs E Bell
Mr D Lomax
Mr R Cox