We believe that the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
As a group of churches, we have adopted the Church of England’s safeguarding policy ‘Promoting a Safer Church‘:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
For more information visit the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
See our Binsey Team Mission Community Safeguarding Policy below.
To see who is who in our Team click here.
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline:
0808 2000 247
Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
What should you do
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding adviser, alternatively report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Church of England Contacts
Our Binsey Mission Community Safeguarding Officer is Mrs Jean McGrady: tel: 01768 776 184 or email: email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Mr Charles Proctor – 07458 016884 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cumbria County Council Children’s Services
The multi-agency safeguarding hub or an out of hours social worker can be contacted on: 0333 240 1727
Urgent concerns about vulnerable adults should be referred to your local District Adult Social Care office (details available on the Cumbria County Council website) or the Emergency Duty Team: 01228 526690 out of normal office hours.