St James’s Church
Ireby has one church in regular use – St James – but also has the ruins of an earlier church (q.v.)
St James, pictured left Grid Ref: 89/238393 was built in 1845-6 to replace the Old Church which was deemed to be to isolated from Ireby village. Guide book tells interesting story surrounding the Elizabethan ‘Ireby’ chalice.
The Church is OPEN all day
Please check services page for details of service times.
Car parking awkward. Access across a field.
OPEN: All day
Regular Annual Service: 2.30pm last Sunday in August (but Check services page)
Mrs B Boyes
Mrs B Johnson