We believe that the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
As a group of churches, we have adopted the Church of England’s safeguarding policy ‘Promoting a Safer Church‘:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
For more information visit the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
The Binsey Mission Community takes its duty and obligation to protect all, extremely seriously. We have adopted the national Church of England’s robust procedures and guidelines.