All Saints Church
All Saints is a spacious, light, functional church built in 1899 from local pink sandstone quarried from the adjacent field (now filled in).
The Church is normally OPEN: at weekends.
Mr L Raven - 016973 71136
Mrs D Hetherington - 016973 20321
Dates from the 12th century, renovated in 1861 but now in ruins after the nave, south aisle and porch were demolished in 1935. The remaining part acts as a mortuary chapel for the Moore family. Originally a chapelry within Aspatria parish and known as the Chapelry of Ukmanby. Notable vicar was Revd John Wordsworth, grandson of William Wordsworth, who in 1895 decided that a larger church was needed to meet the demands of an expanding population.
The old Church is CLOSED
Irregular Annual Service
Annual open air service end May/early June (check with clergy for date/time)